It is necessary to develop a model of an upper limb prosthesis control system based on the reading and processing of two electromyogram (EMG) channels. You need to independently determine the best place for recording EMG signals on the user's hand, develop a device for reading electromyogram signals (if necessary), and also write software to process these signals. Other biosignals (for example, EEG) can also be used for control (optional). Demonstration of the system operation can be carried out on a mechanical model of the hand (for example, used in kits from BiTronics Lab or similar): the number of stably reproduced gestures, processing of erroneous actions, architecture and implementation of the software part will be evaluated.
As a report, you must provide:
- Description of recognition algorithms for gestures reproduced by the user;
- Description of the software part of the project: block diagram of signal processing algorithms and software, source code of the program and (if any) executable files;
- Description of the technical component of the project: the equipment used, the location and justification for the choice of the place for fixing the EMG electrodes, a block diagram describing the interaction of hardware units with each other, other materials (schematic diagrams, drawings, layout, fastening elements, etc.);
- Description of the experiment that will assess the correctness of the device. In particular, the number of recognizable gestures should be indicated;
- Video recording of the experiment (as a single duplicate), from which it should be obvious that the system actually implements the functionality stated in clause 4.